Smartwool socks make great gifts and stocking stuffers; did you get a pair for Christmas? Lucky you.
Fortunately, learning how to wash Smartwool socks does not require a degree in rocket science. Unlike many wool products, Smartwool socks are very easy to wash. You can even machine wash and dry your Smartwools.
Here are a few additional tips that will keep them in good shape.
- Turn them inside out before washing. It limits pilling.
- Never wash them with other items that pass on fuzz, like towels. Wool will attract the fuzz.
- Close zippers on clothing that you add to the load with your Smartwools. Open zippers will snag your socks, causing holes.
- Always defer to the product label, but generally speaking, Smartwool advises that you machine wash with cool or warm water.
- Smartwool says to tumble dry on low, so that’s the official answer. Many of us at Murdoch’s dry on medium and high heat with no noticeable repercussions.
- Use your normal, everyday detergent.
- Don’t use softener; it coats the wool fibers and can impact their sweat-wicking properties.
Do you have more tips to share? Use the comment section below to add your Smartwool laundry tips.