You’ve already read our guide to packing a women’s fashion bucket. But did you know that some of the best Bucket Sale discounts are elsewhere in the stores? Check out how we packed a bucket full of outdoor and sporting goods, and saved 20% on all of it.
Discount Details: TBD
2020 OFFER IN STORES
- 20% off most everything that fits in bucket
- 10% off most everything else (Exclusions apply. 10% includes ammo, optics, and reloading)
- 5% off firearms (includes clearance)
- Free bucket for purchases $50 or more
2020 OFFER MURDOCHS.COM
- 10% off most everything.
- Free shipping on orders $50+ with code BUCKETSALE at checkout
- Additional clearance discount not available on Murdochs.com
How it Works
- Grab a bucket!
- Limit one bucket and one offer redemption per customer.
- Fill your bucket. Everything packed into your bucket is 20% off.
- All items must be in their original packaging and must be at least 50% inside a single Murdoch’s bucket to qualify for the 20% discount.
- Shopping for more? Most items that cannot fit into your packed bucket are 10% off.
- Firearms are 5% off, including clearance.
- Ammo, optics, and reloading are 10% off.
- Take your bucket home for FREE with your purchase of $50+, while supplies last
Valid day of sale only. Savings on in-stock merchandise only. For items already on sale, you’ll get whichever price is lower, but offers cannot be combined. Exclusions include gift cards, event tickets, donations and raffle tickets, services, live animals, and CanAm ATVs & UTVs. Additional exclusions may apply, see store for details. Bucket may vary. Limit one bucket per person. While supplies last. In stores take an extra 5% off clearance firearms and 10 – 20% off clearance clothing and footwear. Some brands require us to exclude their products from this sale on Murdochs.com. See store or Murdochs.com for details.
Bucket Packin’ Strategy: Outdoor & Sporting Goods
Do you remember playing Tetris on a Gameboy growing up? Surprise! There actually is a real-life scenario where those building-block skills will be put to good use! Let’s find all of the small, boxy items that fit in a Murdoch’s bucket and start strategizing how to pack them. These tips will help you save!
- If you want to include clothing, start with large items like shirts and shorts at the bottom. They form well to the bucket’s round shape, maximizing volume.
- While we’re talking about clothing, look for high-tech fabrics for two reasons: 1) they perform better outdoors and 2) they are usually thinner, taking up less space in your bucket.
- Just like playing Tetris when you were younger, start piecing together your puzzle of outdoor gear and sporting goods.
- Start with the largest items, filling in spaces with smaller and smaller items.
- Try putting items with clam shell packaging against the wall of the bucket, and pack boxy items against the flat side of the packaging.
- Whenever you can, place items of equal height next to each other, especially the short items. This will create an opportunity to stack a third layer.
- Fill gaps with smaller soft items, like socks or a Buff, or taller tube shapes.
- Fill up the crevices with gear ties and headlamps, or other small items that you lose often.
- The top will be quite uneven – don’t stop there! You can get a third layer in if you wedge larger items into the larger cavities (the cavities you made earlier by packing short items together). We were able to add a growler-sized water bottle, fly case and a gear bag. (The fly case and gear bag were easier because they were soft.)
To make our particular example work, you’ll need to shop in this order:
- Columbia fly fishing shirt
- Kuhl breathable shorts
Larger Items That Fit
- GoPro Hero4 camera
- Frontiersman Bear Spray
- 2 Yeti Ice
- Leatherman Wave
- Yeti rod holster
- Buck Knife
Smaller Items For Filler
- Nite Ize headlamp
- Gear Ties
- Dry Bag
Good Items For Top Tier
- Hydroflask growler
- Yeti sidekick
- 30″ Murdoch’s Gear Bag
- Retail Price for the entire bucket: $954.87
- Bucket Sale price for the entire bucket: $763.90
- Savings: $190.97 (plus a free bucket)
Outdoor Goods: Start Strategizing