Murdoch’s Bucket Sale is one of the best times to save big on pert-near everything in our stores. In 2016, it will take place on Saturday, April 23. Smart shoppers strategize their purchases, and when they do, they maximize the savings potential; they also come up with some wild and amusingly packed buckets. Read on to find out how we packed a bucket full of clothing and footwear and saved $230!
Like in past years, our 2016 in-store discount will be:
- 20% off most everything that fits in a Murdoch’s bucket
- 10% off most everything else, including firearms, optics, ammo and reloading components
- Free bucket when you spend $50 or more
- Savings on in-stock merchandise only
- Exclusions include gift cards, CanAm ATVs and UTVs. Additional exclusions may apply. See store for details.
- Bucket may vary.
- Limit one bucket per person.
- While supplies last.
- Clothing and footwear clearance items are an additional 20% off if they fit in the bucket.
The online sale is 20% off most clothing and footwear and 10% off most everything else. It excludes Honda and Ariat. Plus, get an extra 20% off all clearance clothing and footwear. When shopping online, the extra 20% off savings are already applied on each clearance item.
Bucket Packin’ Strategy: Clothing and Boots
While there is no rule stating that your item must fit entirely in the bucket, you do need to try to get at least half of the item in it, or you’ll flag a manager’s attention. With that in mind, let’s take a look at how to make beautiful western fashion boots work and not lose out on space for clothing.
- Roll up small items like tank tops, socks and leggings. Put them into the boot shaft.
- Items like jeans form rigid squares when you fold them. Put those in the bottom. There will be a gap between the square item and the round bucket edges.
- Fill the gap with the boot shaft, upside down. The soles will stick out.
- Use wallets and ball caps to fill any other gaps.
- Stack other flexible t-shirts, puffy vests, scarves, and sweatshirts between the boots.
- Stabilize it all by belting the boots together.
- There’s always a crevice to fill with a necklace or earrings!
To make this work, you’ll need to shop in this order: jeans/denim jackets, western boots, accessories like wallets and caps, tops and scarves, non-denim bottoms, vests, belts, and jewelry last.
- Rock Revival jeans
- Miss Mee knee-length shorts
- Levi’s skinny jeans
- Miss Mee denim jacket
- Corral boots
- Peacock cap
- Miss Me navy beaded tank top
- Rock 47 lace tank
- Lovely Souls soft cotton shirt
- Rock 47 rose quartz tank
- Wrangler fringe teal skirt
- Outback quilted vest
- Nocona bling belt
- Turquoise jewelry set
- Retail Price for the entire bucket: $1150.90
- Bucket Sale price for the entire bucket: $920.72
- Savings: $230.18 (plus a free bucket)
Women's Fashion: Start Strategizing